About Me

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
I have always loved to cook. Ever since I was a little girl in my grandmother's kitchen, often tugging at her skirt hem, I've found joy in the simple indulgence of food. My grandmother taught me how to put heart and soul into food. I love through my food. Even now, as an adult, I find myself at my grandmother's house on special occasions, sneaking food off the table before anyone else arrives. I hope that through this blog you will understand my joy and love of food and maybe even find joy and love of your own.

Monday, February 6, 2012

This Week's Menu

This is my second week attempting Menu Plan Mondays.  I made the deadline.  Yay!!  Maybe next week.  Last week I learned that it was very easy to follow my menu plan during the week, but my weekends were chaotic.  Also, being single, it's easy for things to just kinda pop up during my week, and I have a couple of impromptu dinners that came up during the week, but I still managed to stick closely to my menu plan.  Here's this week's menu plan.

Monday
Breakfast:  Egg white vegetable omelet
Snack:  13 Ritz mini cheese crackers
Lunch:  Pizza (I'm not even a small fan of pizza, but it was left over from a meeting at work)
Snack:  8 Reduced Fat Vanilla Wafers
Dinner:  Peanut butter and Jelly with Homemade Bread

Tuesday
Breakfast:  Special K Almond Cereal with Silk Soy Milk
Snack:  8 Reduced Fat Vanilla Wafers
Lunch:  Yoplait Strawberry Yogurt
Snack:  13 Ritz mini cheese crackers
Dinner:  Dinner out (Dinner & a Book Club)

Wednesday
Breakfast:  Yoplait Strawberry Yogurt
Snack:  1/4 c. shelled pistachios
Lunch:  Chicken Terriyaki
Snack:  8 Reduced Fat Vanilla Wafers
Dinner:  Cooking School Leftovers

Thursday
Breakfast:  Special K Almond Cereal with Silk Soy Milk
Snack:  13 Ritz mini cheese crackers
Lunch:  Mediterranean Monster Smoothie w/Acai
Snack:  Yoplait Strawberry Yogurt
Dinner:  Dinner Out

Friday
Breakfast:  Yoplait Strawberry Yogurt
Snack:  8 Reduced Fat Vanilla Wafers
Lunch:  Sushi!!!!!
Snack:  1/4 c. shelled pistachios
Dinner:  Salmon, Rice, Peas

Saturday
Breakfast:  Granola, yogurt and strawberries
Snack:  Pickles
Lunch:  Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Snack:  Yogurt - any flavor
Dinner:  Cooking School Leftovers

Sunday
Breakfast:  Egg white vegetable omelet
Snack:  Pickles
Lunch:  Brunch and shopping with the girls
Snack:  Leftovers from brunch
Dinner:  Baked Tilapia, sauteed spinach, corn

I'm really excited about this menu because I actually get to cook!!  Next week has more room for cooking as well!!  I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I have to ask, what's the deal with pizza? I'm not sure I've ever met anyone who didn't like SOME kind of pizza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone says that. I don't know, really. Never been a fan. I also don't like chocolate, which is the real shocker for most people, so I'm trying to figure out who to give my truffles to when we make them. :-)

      Delete