About Me

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
I have always loved to cook. Ever since I was a little girl in my grandmother's kitchen, often tugging at her skirt hem, I've found joy in the simple indulgence of food. My grandmother taught me how to put heart and soul into food. I love through my food. Even now, as an adult, I find myself at my grandmother's house on special occasions, sneaking food off the table before anyone else arrives. I hope that through this blog you will understand my joy and love of food and maybe even find joy and love of your own.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Restaurant Eugene

Oh My GOD!!!!!

Every bite I put in my mouth was the most delicious bite I've ever eaten in my entire life.  Oh My GOD!!!!!  You've got to try this place!!

Last Thursday a friend and I decided to grab a bite to eat after work.  My friend suggested Restaurant Eugene and because I've never been there before and I love trying new restaurants, I was all for it.  Restaurant Eugene is a French Restaurant in Buckhead, but it really rests between Midtown and Buckhead.  We sat at the bar because my friend came straight from work and was wearing scrubs.  I'm not sure if the bar menu is any different from the table menu, but we were not disappointed.

My friend ordered the meat tasting and I ordered the Carrot Soup and the Grouper.  The service at Restaurant Eugene was impeccable.  I love visiting restaurants that take great care of their patrons, and Restaurant Eugene was amazingly attentive.

The bartender, Gabe, was amazing as well.  He made wonderful suggestions for food and beverages, wine pairings and cocktails.  It was the best bar experience I've ever had.

Gabe told us that the meat tasting is suggested for two people due to the serving order, as the meat tasting is typically 5-7 courses and my mere grouper and carrot soup were but two courses.  We decided to share the lighter courses of the meat tasting and to bring my grouper out with the main course of the meat tasting.  The meat tasting menu changes frequently and honestly, I cannot even remember everything that we had, but it was so delicious.  You've just got to try it yourself.

I can comment on the carrot soup and the grouper, however.  The presentation of each course was wonderful, beautiful, thoughtful.  The carrot soup is not something I would typically order, but Gabe strongly recommended it and I must say, I'm glad he did.  Every spoonful was meant to be savored.  The bowl came out with a pile of carrots, salt and pepper morsels that looked like white chocolate and two more piles of somethings I can't remember.  It was all so great.  Then they poured the stock into the bowl and it all melted together magically.  All except the salt and pepper morsels, which Gabe explained to me.  I smashed them with my spoon and it all turned out so great.  Delicious doesn't even begin to describe it.

My grouper.  I never knew fish could taste so good.  There was a cabbage ragout and a chickpea puree.  It doesn't sound nearly as amazing as it was, but you've got to have it.  If you are looking to be pampered and spoiled and taken care of every which way, please, please, please visit Restaurant Eugene, and if you decide to take a table instead of dining at the bar, be sure to stop by there to grab a cocktail from Gabe.  Ask him to make you something special and he'll create a personalized cocktail, crafted specifically to your tastes.  You won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. You've sold me. Next time I'm in Atlanta this is where I'm going!

    ReplyDelete